Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Why can't people just live within their means?

honeyllove:

red-lips-on-ice:

chanel-and-louboutins:

✝

Xo

♡
There are many things in life that I can't seem to get a grip on.  Living above/under one's means is one (or should I say two) of them. 
For those who live above their means, it seems to be okay to spend more money than they can afford to have nice, expensive things. But what if they go into debt? Those nice, expensive things don't mean anything at the end of the day. I'll admit I love nice, expensive things but am not that desperate to have them. I'd rather wait until I can afford to buy them and/or save up for them. I'm not that kind of person who wants to be in debt, just so I can carry those nice things.
annabelleprep:

My fave pic ever is backk
Living under your means is just as bad if not worse.  Some think it makes them look humble. But in reality, they look like cheapskates to me. An acquaintance of mine seems to fit this description. Let's call her T. Anyways, T has kids that go to a private school, drives a nice car, has a nice house, owns a LV bag---the whole shebang. However, she works in a relatively low-income town not too away from me and lives there also. She has  The problem is that she most likely can afford to live somewhere like Irvine, but she chooses to live in a relatively lower middle class city. The most expensive homes are there in the hills there, but she doesn't live in that area. While it may cost less to live where she lives, I think it makes her look like a cheapskate and not at all humble. Of course, I'm not aware of how much she actually makes. This is based on what I've seen of her, so I don't know everything.
Those who live above & under their means make those who live within their means (like myself) look bad. While I do enjoy shopping a lot, I only spend within my means. However, I do splurge every now & then (not too often though). My splurges are still within my means (so no LV bags, just things like Wildfox sweaters for example). When the time comes, I will be making those big-time purchases. For now, I will considering renting those things or just admiring them from afar.
*all photos from Tumblr